Terms & Conditions
1. Who is WonderUs?
We’re a family run organisation inspired to create extraordinary products and services that develop a positive self-identity in children. The products and services, including the WonderUs Kids app (‘App’), are owned and operated by WonderUs Affirmations Pty Ltd (ACN 623 168 990), registered in Australia and trading as WonderUs Kids (ABN
When you register for our App we ask that you read and agree to these Terms of Service (‘Terms’), so we both know what to expect from each other. We look forward to welcoming you into the WonderUs community!
2. What are these Terms for?
Where additional terms or policies apply we will update these Terms to include them. If there are any conflicts, then these Terms will take precedence.
3. What do certain words or phrases mean?
‘Personal Information’ means any information that can be used to personally identify you, including information you give us when you register for the App (e.g. first name, email address) and any information that we collect as you use our Services.
‘Service’ or ‘Services’ means the products and services provided by WonderUs, including the App, our websites, social media platforms and any other online, offline and mobile products and services delivered via any platform.
The words ‘include’ or ‘including’ shall be taken without limitation to the words following.
4. Do I need an account to use the App?
After registering you will be able to log in to the App on different electronic devices, including your phone and tablet. You’ll be able to access a limited selection of content for free or purchase a monthly or annual Subscription Plan (‘Subscription’), to receive full access to all of the content within the App.
5. How do I buy a Subscription?
Subscriptions are purchased directly via the app through Apple or Google. Please select a ‘Monthly’ or ‘Annual’ Subscription and enter your details to pay through Apple or Google, as applicable. Prices are inclusive of local sales tax i.e. GST, VAT or equivalent.
Your Subscription begins as soon as you purchase it and will automatically renew at the end of each Subscription period, so you will be charged until you cancel the Subscription. If your payment method fails your Subscription will be cancelled at the end of the current Subscription period. If you want to change your Subscription at any time simply reselect your desired choice, between the ‘Monthly’, ‘Annual’ and ‘Free Version’ options, within the App.
As well as these Terms, your Subscription will also be subject to the terms of your agreement with Apple or Google. WonderUs does not receive or store your complete payment information.
We may change the price for a Subscription from time to time and will try to give you advance notice of these changes before they come into effect. For existing Subscriptions, any changes we make will take effect at the start of your next Subscription renewal period after the price change.
If you are unhappy with the price change you should cancel or change your Subscription option before the change takes effect. We will consider that you have agreed to the new price if you keep using the App after the price change takes effect.
6. Can I use the App if I am a minor?
The App is intended for use by parents or guardians to affirm wellbeing, wonder and positive character traits in their children or those in their care. By creating an account and / or purchasing a subscription to the App you confirm that you are over the age of majority in your country, state, province or territory of residence. We reserve the right to cancel any Subscription that has not been purchased by the credit card holder.
If you believe a child’s personal information may have been provided to us without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com
7. How do free trials work?
We may offer a free trial period as part of a Subscription (‘Free Trial’). The length of any Free Trial we offer may change from time to time. You may only redeem the Free Trial offer once.
To activate the Free Trial you need to choose your desired Subscription and enter your payment information through Apple or Google, but you will not be charged for the Subscription until the Free Trial comes to an end.
If you decide not to continue with your purchase of the Subscription when the Free Trial ends, you must cancel the Subscription at least 24 hours before the end of the Free Trial, otherwise you may be charged for the Subscription.
8. How do I use a Coupon code to receive a reduced Subscription price?
We may offer a reduced price for a Subscription for a specified period, which you may be eligible to obtain by using a valid Coupon code (‘Coupon’).
To activate a Coupon you first need to choose your desired Subscription, after which a pop up window will appear asking if you have a Coupon. You are then able to select ‘Yes’ and enter your valid Coupon and payment information through Apple or Google.
We may change or withdraw the Coupon at any time, with or without notice, and with no liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law. In addition, the following conditions apply to the use of a Coupon:
– Coupons can only be redeemed once
– Only a single Coupon can be redeemed
– Coupons cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer
– Coupons cannot be transferred or assigned to anyone else
– Coupons are only valid until the date specified by WonderUs
– Any refunds will take into account the discount applied as part of the Coupon
– WonderUs reserves the right to decline to accept Coupons where, in its reasonable opinion, a Coupon is the subject of fraudulent activity
9. How do I cancel my Subscription?
You can cancel your Subscription in the App at any time by selecting the ‘Free Version’ Subscription option. Alternatively, you can cancel your Subscription with Apple or Google at the following sites:
– Apple here
– Google here
When you cancel your Subscription, it remains valid until the last day of the Subscription period that you have paid. You will not receive a refund for any unused portion of your Subscription. Cancellation will take effect at the end of your current Subscription period, as long as you cancel at least one day before the end of that period.
When your Subscription ends you will not be able to access Subscription only content unless you reselect a ‘Monthly’ or ‘Annual’ Subscription in the future.
10. Who do I contact about refunds or billing?
For Subscriptions purchased via Apple or Google you will need to contact the Apple App Store for iOS devices, or the Google Play Store for Android devices.
11. What are my responsibilities to keep my account safe?
We ask you to look after your account and keep it confidential, and in doing so you make the following commitments to maintain the security of your account:
– You will not share your password or let anyone else access your account
– You will not do anything that might jeopardise the security of your account
– You will ensure that your Personal Information is complete, accurate and up to date
– You will not create an account for anyone other than yourself or your child (or a child for whom you are legal guardian)
– If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission
– You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission
If we block your account and end your Subscription because you have broken the rules, we will not grant you access to another one.
If you think someone has unauthorised access to your account, you should change your password immediately. If this is not possible please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. What are my rights when I use the App?
Our Services, including the App, contain software, technology, proprietary and confidential information and content that is protected by intellectual property rights, including: Copyrights, trademarks, service marks and / or other proprietary rights and laws.
WonderUs grants you a personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive licence to use the App on your device(s) in accordance with these Terms. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling you to enjoy the benefit of the App as permitted by these Terms. You do not obtain any other right or interest in our Services or in or to WonderUs’ assets.
13. What rules must I follow when I use the App?
We want to create a community that everyone can enjoy being part of and we therefore require you to follow these Terms when you use the App. You agree that:
– You will not use the App in any way that breaches any applicable law
– You will not use the App in any fraudulent or misleading manner
– You will not impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation to any person or organisation
– You will only download the App for your sole, personal use
– You will not use the App for any commercial purposes without our prior written consent
– You will not reproduce, modify, copy, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, rent, sell, or publicly display any part of our Services
– You will not solicit information or access an account belonging to someone else
– You will not act in any manner that is intimidating, threatening, defamatory, obscene, discriminatory, violent or offensive
– You will not take any action that infringes or violates someone else’s rights
– You will not infringe WonderUs’ or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights
– You will not reverse engineer, decompile or attempt to retrieve source code from the App
– You will not interfere with or misuse the App in any way, including using any automated harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers
– You will not upload viruses or other malicious code
– You will not do anything that could disrupt, disable, overburden, or damage the App, including a denial of service attack
– You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms
If we suspect you of breaking any of these rules we may block you from the App, close your account and cancel your Subscription immediately, without explanation or prior warning.
If you see something that you think we should be notified about, please contact us at email@example.com
14. What are WonderUs’ rights in delivering the Services?
We are continually improving our Services, including the App, so functionalities, features and content will change over time. We will try to ensure a smooth customer experience, but occasionally we may cause you inconvenience, including:
– Making changes to technical specifications
– Asking you to automatically download software updates on your devices
– Asking you to accept new Terms
– Creating new limits within the App
– Interrupting our Services
– Discontinuing content, features, functionalities, and / or one or more of our Services, including the App
Our Services display content, including logos, trademarks, service marks and other branding. This intellectual property belongs to WonderUs or other associated organisations and these Terms do not grant you the right to use them.
15. How do you use and protect my Personal Information?
16. Does WonderUs use advertisements in the App?
17. What happens if I break these Terms?
If you don’t keep to the rules set out here, or otherwise create possible legal exposure for us, we may stop providing all or part of our Services to you with or without notice and you may lose your account without a refund. In all such cases these Terms will come to an end.
Sometimes we may choose not to enforce a particular term, but we still reserve our right to take action to enforce that or another term in the future.
18. Could WonderUs close my account?
Yes, we could suspend or close your account and / or Subscription at any time, with or without giving notice, for reasons including:
– You break these Terms
– We suspect unauthorised or fraudulent use of your account
– There are unexpected technical or security problems
– Your account is inactive for an extended period of time
– We suspend or discontinue all or part of our Service
Where we reasonably can, we will let you know in advance.
19. How can I close my account?
You can stop using our App at any time, in which case we will be sorry to see you go. If you wish to stop using our App and close your Subscription you should select the ‘Free Version’ option, which will cancel your Subscription. You are then able to continue using the ‘Free Version’ or delete the App from your device entirely. Note that deleting the App without first switching your Subscription will not terminate the Subscription.
20. Will WonderUs change these Terms over time?
We will update our Terms in the future, for example in response to changes in applicable laws or changes to our Services, including the App. When we reasonably believe that a change is likely to cause you material disadvantage we will try to give you advance notice. However, other changes, including those relating to changes in applicable laws or changes in our Services, will be effective immediately. If you continue to use the App after any change comes into effect, we will consider that you have agreed to the change. If you do not agree to the change, you should discontinue your use of the App.
21. What are WonderUs’ responsibilities and liability in providing the App?
We provide the App using commercially reasonable effort, skill and care and we hope that you enjoy and benefit from using it, but there are certain things that we do not promise about the App.
We provide our Services ‘as is’. This means, other than as set out in these Terms, that neither WonderUs nor our subsidiaries or affiliates makes any specific promises about the App, including commitments about content within the App, features or benefits of the App, its accuracy, reliability, availability or ability to meet your needs. In addition we cannot guarantee that our Services will be free from bugs, viruses, interruption, or never be faulty.
You acknowledge that you do not rely on any representations made by us when deciding whether or not to register for the App or whether our Services are fit for any particular purpose.
We acknowledge that under applicable State, Territory and Commonwealth laws (including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010), certain statutory guarantees and warranties may be implied into these Terms (‘Non-Excluded Guarantees’). If you are using the App for a personal purpose, then nothing in these Terms seeks to limit your rights in regard to Non-Excluded Guarantees.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the liability of WonderUs and our subsidiaries or affiliates, for a failure to comply with a Non-Excluded Guarantee, is limited to one of the following remedies, as chosen by WonderUs:
(a) the replacement of the Service or an equivalent Service;
(b) the payment of the cost of replacing the Service or an equivalent Service;
(c) the repair of the Service; or
(d) the payment of the cost of the having the Service repaired.
In circumstances where the Non-Excluded Guarantees do not apply, we and our subsidiaries or affiliates exclude all liability for any loss or damage, including direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, you may suffer in relation to the Service we provide. To the extent permitted by law, you acknowledge that your only remedy with respect to any problems or dissatisfaction with the App, is to stop using and / or uninstall the App.
22. What are my responsibilities for damage if I misuse the App?
You will ‘hold harmless’ and repay WonderUs for any claims, losses, costs and / or liabilities arising from any legitimate claims a third party may make because of your use or misuse of the App.
23. Will I incur mobile network charges?
The App may require the use of data and text messaging, which may incur charges from your mobile network provider. You are responsible for all charges that your mobile network provider may apply.
24. What are my rights if I share ideas with WonderUs?
If you send any ideas or suggestions to WonderUs, you will need to accept that you will not be rewarded for them and we can use them in any way we wish.
If you submit any ideas, suggestions, proposals, or documents to WonderUs (together, ‘Contributions’), you agree that:
– Your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information
– WonderUs is not under any obligation of confidentiality regarding the Contributions
– WonderUs may use, disclose or share the Contributions for any purpose and in any way
– The Contributions automatically become the property of WonderUs
– Unless otherwise agreed with us in writing, you are not entitled to any payment, compensation or reimbursement of any kind for the Contributions
25. How do we contact each other?
If you have a problem or complaint about the App, or just want to give us feedback, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You accept that all communication with us will be electronic. When we have important things to tell you about the App we will use the email address you provided or post a notification within the App. You agree to these electronic means of communication and acknowledge that you will not be able to opt out from receiving these communications unless you cancel your account and stop using the App.
26. What else do I need to know?
These Terms make up the entire agreement between us. You acknowledge that you have entered into these Terms without relying upon any statements other than those set out in these Terms.
You accept that these Terms are personal to you. You agree not to transfer them to anyone else and that they will not be enforceable by any third party. We can transfer this agreement to another company provided this does not adversely affect your rights under the Terms. We will protect the privacy of your account, which means we will not provide your account information or your content to anyone unless we are legally required to do so.
Sometimes we may not be able to provide you with the App because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, and in these cases we cannot be liable for delays or down time to our Services. After these Terms come to an end, any provisions of these Terms that either explicitly or by their nature must remain in effect after termination, will survive termination of the Terms. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
27. Which jurisdiction governs these Terms?
Although the App may be accessed globally, the Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia. You agree that any claim made by either party against the other, which in any way arises out of the Terms, will be heard in Victoria, Australia, and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those courts.
We make no representation that the App complies with the laws of any country outside Australia, so you are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the App (as applicable). To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any failure of the App to comply with the laws of any jurisdiction outside of Australia.